22 things I learned in 2015
It is honestly crazy to think about it being the new year. I feel as if I have been asleep all of this time, letting life pass me by. I literally passed out in the car on the way to a New Years party the other day. If that isn't a direct representation of me being a hot ass mess I'm not sure what is...
2015 was one of the hardest years of my life. However it was also a year for learning. I never realized how important it was to manage the people in your life. I always allowed people to stay in my life even when they didn't deserve it. Looking back on it now, I am grateful for the lessons that came with this past year. I learned so much about myself and the people around me. I got a clearer picture of what I need to do in order to accomplish my goals. I also learned to appreciate the people I have in my life. When things get hard and unbearable it's amazing to embrace friends. I am so thankful for my team for putting up with my crazy and making me happier than I ever thought possible. I just can't help to feel blessed for the people I have in my life. That is the biggest thing I want to take into the new year.
Every year I save every single one of my favorite photos on my phone. Of course my phone constantly has no space, and sometimes it is super annoying to have to delete photos just to take them, but I feel so attached. Pictures make me so happy and that was what I was all about in 2015. I want to continue this tradition because it was so satisfying to just flip through photos. I remember every moment so vividly, and I never want to forget them. That is what life is about, the memories you make.
For 2016 I want to be more about the things I preach. It's so easy to give advice on hard things without realizing how hard it really is to make the right decisions. I want to get grit for 2016, and finally work toward my dreams. I've been doing a lot of preparing mentally and physically, and it is finally time to explore. I am so excited for what is to come in the new year!
OK I am done babbling, here are 22 things I learned this year....
1. I learned that life is short, and it is always important to be kind
2. I learned that shit costs money and you have to literally WORK for everything you get
3. I learned that it is good to pursue what you want to do no matter what it is!
4. I learned that it is ok to have dreams as well as goals..and to be able to talk about them with the right people.
6. I learned to trust God.
7. I learned to never allow undeserving people to stay in your life. It's ok to leave people behind.
8. I learned that cat eyes are not necessary everyday, and it's ok to rock a natural face.
9. I learned to pay closer attention.
10. I learned to love myself.
11. I learned a little bit more about driving... After getting my car taken away on my birthday and being charged with multiple driving infractions and given a court date.
12. Though waxing your bhole is glorious look wise, it's literally the itchiest thing in life.
13. I learned that if you want to wand your hair for the 15th time in a row, you go ahead and do it.
14. I learned that I have hit the age where glitter is no longer apropro
15. I learned that it is ok to change your tampon the a car.
16. I learned that it's ok to sit on the floor and cry.
17. I learned that more often than not, you will have to give your friends shitty advice because shit just sucks.
18. I learned that spring break is a necessity in young adult life.
19. I learned that even though heels are over the damn top, they make your legs slay no matter what.
20. I learned that money does not grow on trees despite my prior belief.
21. I learned that walks of shame can actually be an awesome source of me time.
22. Lastly I learned that babies are a no-no and boyfriends are a waste of time, money, energy, and sanity.
Here are some of my favorite photos from 2015!! If your in them, comment and I will love you forever, LITERALLY NBS.
THE BEAUTIFUL BOSTONIAN